INJECTABLES FOR FROWN LINES AND WRINKLES
Also known as BOTOX® Cosmetic this is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles to cause temporary paralysis improving the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet lines, and frown lines between the eyebrows.
A tiny amount of the fluid is injected into the muscle, blocking the receptor that responds to the impulses in the nerve thus relaxing the muscle and giving the face a rejuvenated wrinkle free appearance. It is the relaxation of the fine muscles that lead to wrinkle reduction.
Botulinum Toxin – better known as Botox is used to correct wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Botox is the most tested, safe and reliable product on the market, decades of research have gone into the product and aside for cosmetic treatment, has been used extensively to treat medical conditions such as hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
Delivered by injection the main function of Botox in cosmetic terms is to temporarily relax muscles in the treated area that are the cause of wrinkles and lines
NB: please note this treatment only works on dynamic wrinkles not static lines. Dynamic lines form due to muscle activity such as smiling or frowning. Static lines are lines that form due to ageing muscle tissue, lack of collagen and elastin fibres in your skin. To treat static lines you will have to consider dermal fillers, chemical peels and other resurfacing treatments.
- Neuromuscular disease
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- The use of blood thinning medications
- Active or inactive cold sores (the treatment can still be done if you use medication to prevent herpes break outs pre-and/or post-treatment)
Anti-wrinkle injection side effects:
- Transient redness, swelling and bruising at site of injection. Redness and swelling subsides within the day but bruising may take up to 2 weeks. However, bruising is very slight.
- Headaches may occur in first 12 hours post injection
- Ptosis (drooping of upper eyelid) is a rare side effect and technique dependent
- It is important to choose an experienced and accredited DOCTOR and to follow post-treatment instructions.
Book Now and Receive 50% DISCOUNT on your CONSULTATION