Just about everyone you meet wants to lose weight… Society’s concept of what female beauty is, seem to centre on how thin a person is. Well, if you are among those who feel they want or need to lose weight, start by asking yourself what your motivations are.
Do you need to lose weight to get that bikini body, well in time for summer, or get back into jeans that used to fit you 10 years ago? Perhaps your doctor issued you with a threatening ultimatum? Whatever your driving force, the reward often includes lower rates of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and arthritis, and ultimately, a longer life span, so shedding excess weight does make sense. When we lose weight, we feel better and look better-no more shapeless plus sizes! Being thinner means energy levels get a boost and you can move around so much lighter, sexier! Research suggests that your job prospects get better too, apart from the prospect of a healthier and more active sex life.
Weight Loss Tips
- Dietary control and exercise. It’s simple math really: the goal is to watch what you eat and expend more energy than you consume. Exercise is an essential aspect as it burns off kilojoules that lead to fat accumulation. Seek professional advice on a sensible exercise programme.
- Change your lifestyle. Diets are temporary. However, if you make a conscious decision to change your dietary lifestyle, you’re changing your habits and you’re putting yourself on track for long-term / continued success and weight maintenance.
- Join a support group. It’s essential that you don’t feel alone, and reaching out to friends is always a smart move. Join a community of like-minded individuals and let’s do this together.
- Take before and after photos. There’s no easier way to illustrate your progress. The “after” photos are far more fun to capture and share, admittedly!
- Set realistic goals. Slow and steady wins the race. Don’t bite off more than you can chew and make small goals on your way to the bigger one.
- Avoid trans fats and high fructose corn syrup. Think about what you put into your body by reading, researching and knowing the facts.
Weight Loss Diets
We believe that the method for reaching your desired and healthy weight is simple:
Think of your body as a bank account – If you put in more kilojoules than you draw out, the surplus builds up as fat. If you use up more kilojoules than you have in your current body energy account, you have to cover the deficit from another source, which is body tissue. Most of the body tissue that is used for this purpose is fat, which is good for you are trying to slim down, but lean tissue, which is needed for bodily work, is also used up, and that is undesirable.
Choose the right eating plan for your body. It is important to choose one that will help you to lose weight in a nutritionally healthy way, and encourage you to adopt a healthy pattern of eating for the rest of your life.
If your eating plan is not medically supervised, it must include at least 5 000 kilojoules a day, anything below that, and you risk nutritional and metabolic deficiencies. Your usual kilojoule level less the kilojoule level of the diet will determine how quickly you lose the undesirable weight. Two people on the same eating plan will lose weight at different rates if their usual kilojoule intakes differ. Make sure you eat a variety of foods from the basic five food groups.
Weight Loss Programmes
Seek professional advice and monitoring. Best Body Skin offers science-based guidance and the direction you will need. We rely on our proven, sensible and effective weight loss and wellness programmes to achieve long-term results.
Weight Loss Injections
Are there such things? Sounds like the cure-all and the answer to your slimming problems, doesn’t it?
Well, when professionally administered, they are effective, and your specialist at our clinic can recommend a safe product choice here.
Lipolysis is an innovative, gentle non-surgical method to remove accumulation of fat deposits in specific regions of the body. It is one of the safest methods for removing a double chin or stubborn fat around the waist, inner thigh and abdomen, under the upper arms, knees and ankles. It is also an extremely effective method in the fight against cellulite. Lipolysis is used to improve the effects of dieting and exercise. Lipolysis treatments use fat-dissolving phosphatidic choline, injected to the localised regions of the body. The treatment is performed by a trained Professional Specialist and involves painless micro-injections into the targeted fat layer beneath the skin.
Mesotherapy is a procedure used for weight loss and body sculpting to reduce, eliminate and contour specific undesired fat pockets. This method targets the receptors on fat cells that produce lipogenesis (fat production) and lipolysis (fat breakdown). Micro-injections deliver conventional or homeopathic medication and/or vitamins into the mesoderm or middle layer of the skin, so resulting in healing or corrective treatment to a specific area of the body. It has also proven very effective in cellulite reduction and skin rejuvenation.
You will improve your chances of effective weight loss by consulting trained professionals. Contact Best Body Skin to arrange an appointment and wellness assessment, and to discuss your goals.